Pandan Chiffon Cake
Egg yolk 50g (3pcs of egg yolk, size A)
Corn oil 40g
Coconut milk 70g
Pandan extract 10g
Apple green coloring 2 -3 drops
Fine sugar 40g
Bakers’ Choice Vit. En. flour 100g
Milk powder 10g
Baking powder 1g
Egg white 130g (4pcs of egg white, size A)
Fine sugar 40g
Lemon juice 1g
- Preheat oven to 175⁰C
- Blend the pandan leaves with water until smooth.
- Pour them through a sift with measurement cup underneath. Squeeze using a spatula to extract all the pandan juice.
- Add 5 large egg yolks into a big bowl, sugar, corn oil and pandan juice. Whisk until fully combined.
- Shift Bakers’ Choice Vit Flour, corn starch, baking powder and salt. Fold the mixture gently with a spatula by strapping through the side of the bowl and the middle of the mixture, fold until no flour visible.
- In a clean and dry bowl, add 5 egg whites and whisk them with a hand mixer until foamy.
- Add in lemon juice & sugar. Whisk until soft peak forms and mixture is shiny.
- Using a spatula, take 1/3 of the meringue and add them into the pandan mixture. Fold in gently.
- Prepare chiffon cake pan, pour them all in at once. Remember DO NOT grease your chiffon cake pan.
- Smooth and level the surface evenly. Finally, give the pan a few taps on the countertop to minimize air pockets
- Bake in an oven of 160⁰C for 45 minutes, or until done.
- Once the cake is out from the oven, immediately cool it upside down for 1 hour before removing from the pan.